Monday, March 5, 2012

Sublime Supper

Ah, some nights I just want FOOOOOD! And tonight was one of those. Passing several Paris Baguettes I couldn't help but see the golden tops of mounded fluffy white breads decorated with seeds, nuts, cheese, fruit, cream and other sinful stuff. I'm not one controlled by my appetite [thank goodness] but it's kind of like shopping when you're hungry ... you invariably buy more than you would. So on my home, I planned my meal, and MY kind of bread was definitely on the menu.

One hour after getting home, the bread came piping hot out of the toaster oven. [See Gluten-free, Sugar-free Toaster Oven Flatbread for basic recipe.]


While the bread was baking, I tossed together a huge toss salad of lettuce mostly but with sliced cherry tomatoes and a tiny few shavings of carrot for color. No dressing tonight, but instead treated myself to a very rare indeed tiny can of tuna. The tuna flavored the huge salad but did not overpower the vegie flavor; in fact, was a nice complementary treat! I also put a small head of cauliflower and broccoli in the food processor and whizzed them to make a soft granulated texture. Tossed with a tablespoon each of olive oil and lemon and a bit of salt, and garnished with sliced radish (good for the mucus membranes), the salads were complete.




For the main entree, I warmed some Cashew-Basil Gravy w/ Vegies and ladeled that over my Garbanzo Bean "Mashed Potatoes".


And put together, I had a very tasty supper indeed!

No comments:

Post a Comment