Thursday, November 2, 2017

515 Chemicals Women Daily Put on Their Bodies


This infographic (published by Mind Body Green) on chemicals in beauty products takes 'Cosmetics Dirty Dozen' to a whole new level.


When I first got sick so many years ago, from my reading I became aware that not only foods that I put in my body were starkly affecting my health but the air I breathed was also a factor and what was absorbed through my skin was another huge factor. The skin is the largest "organ" of the human body. It keeps our blood and plasma within us; it acts as a barrier to eliminate contamination from our surroundings, but when we intentionally put chemicals on our skin (for the sake of beauty or health) we are (unwittingly perhaps) contaminating the barrier, which is permeable, and exposing ourselves directly to toxins that would only indirectly hurt us if they weren't in such direct contact.

Toothpaste, shampoo, soap, deodorant, perfume, things we never consider to be bad for our health need to be reconsidered.

No comments:

Post a Comment