Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Three Salsas (raw)

These three salsa are great for parties, nights in front the TV, or even for packing in lunches. Guaranteed to be a family favorite!

Cucumber-onion Salsa

2 cucumbers diced
1 small onion thinly sliced
1 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
salt and black pepper to taste
fresh dillweed


Sour Apple-onion Salsa

2 Granny Smith apples, cubed
1 small onion, thinly sliced
1 clove garlic, minced
2 t. cumin powder
2 t. freshly squeezed lemon juice
fresh cilantro
salt to taste




Parsley-tomato Salsa

1 thick bunch of fresh parsley, chopped
2 tomatoes, diced
1 cucumber, diced
1-2 T. freshly squeezed lemon juice
1 small onion, diced
1 clove garlic, minced
Salt and pepper to taste


Excellent for serving with hummus cups and chips for dipping. (Chips here are El Matador corn chips -- for some reason those corn chips don't bother me, black bean chips, and Cheeze its, which of course I can't eat but everyone else could.) 



Positively divine and so simple!

2 comments:

  1. Hello Cheryl! Thank you for the wonderful recipe and pics. I'd like to make all three of those salsas at the same time. You don't have to peel cucumbers and tomatoes for that? I always did, to get rid of the chemicals that may be on the skins due to atmosphere pollution, preservative oils and such. Can fresh tomato be an everyday candida friendly food or just a treat? I love your hummus cup picture. Did you use sprouted garbanzo beans raw or steamed to blend for the hummus?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi! Personally I don't peel tomotoes but then when I was really sick, I just quit eating them altogether ... and that was such a loss as tomatoes are probably my fav food! Went without for 6-8 mths and then added 1-2 cherry tomatoes back in at a time. About cucumbers though, if they are sold in the store with a gloved plastic wrap (usually English cukes sold this way), then they prob have less contaminants and I'll eat the skin. If they're sitting piled up "fresh" in the supermarket, they're getting more and more sprays constantly and I won't touch those skins. I don't particularly care for raw sprouted garbanzoes but I make my own in a large crock pot. That way only water and salt is in them and they weren't canned in aluminum.

      Delete